Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Lectern Speaks by Clarence Featherson

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Confucius


I became involved in Toastmasters in order to become a more effective communicator and improve my performance at work.

But, once I became active in Toastmasters I realized I had embarked upon a lifelong journey of personal development and improving my communication skills was just the tip of the iceberg.

This journey is in many ways equivalent to the Knights of the Round Table and their quest for the Holy Grail or Jason and the Argonauts and their quest for the Golden Fleece.

Toastmasters cannot guarantee my quest will be successful.

But I am certain, if I attend meetings regularly, actively participate in meetings and make Toastmasters a priority, I will improve my speaking, listening and leadership skills.

The communication and leadership skills I've acquired in Toastmasters have helped me in all areas of life. Joining Toastmasters was my first step on a journey with adventures and rewards that are limited only by my imagination and vision!

I've taken the first step - what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment