Monday, August 30, 2010

Silver Spring Toastmasters: August 18th Picture of the Week

August 18th's picture of the week was taken by Desiree Payne.

It features a proud Jim Phillips receiving his Icebreakers award for delivering his first speech entitled, "Welcome to DC, Baby!"




And here are some thoughts from Jim after the meeting:


"Finally, finally giving my icebreaker has breathed new life into me. It actually turned out beyond my wildest expectations. Now I have a new spring in my step!

With everyone's support and appreciation, I have a new appreciation of myself as being just fine, and I see new vistas for myself as I move on with my life."


Thank you Jim, for your contribution to our club and congratulations on your first step towards your Competent Communicator award.

For those who want to improve their public speaking and leadership skills: you too can reach your goals at Silver Spring Toastmasters.

Come Soar With Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment